Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 15

This morning I weighed in and saw that I lost another pound!  I'm down about 4 pounds from where I think I started.  I have about 9 more pounds to go to get to my goal "fit in my ski pants" weight. MJ weighed in too.  He gained one pound.  One stinking pound in 15 days.  I'm obviously better at gaining weight than he is.  
I'm still pleased with my accomplishments.  It's nice to know that pizza and mexican food still can equate to a negative weight on the scale.  


Today is leftovers day!  By that I mean I'm using up all the extra stuff that didn't fit into a meal plan for the past three days.  


For breakfast I have 2 egg whites, sautéed spinach, part-skim mozzarella cheese.  I have nothing exciting to say about this breakfast.  Sorry. 


Snack 1 was a slice of whole wheat bread and 1 tablespoon almond butter. Delicious as always.


For lunch I created my own salad: baby spinach, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup white beans, 1/2 cup tomatoes, balsamic vinegar.  This salad was okay.  For whatever reason, I liked it better as a snack yesterday than as a salad today.  Maybe I'm just getting sick of spinach.


My second snack was a 100 calorie pack of cheese; 8 carrots, 2 oz hummus. I decided to go with this snack because it was quick and easy, and the 100 calorie pack of cheese is obviously not going to show up in my meal plan, but I don't want them to sit uneaten in my fridge.


SURPRISE!  My cousin Jamie came to visit.  Jamie is a few years younger and many inches taller.  He was hungry, so I served him chips and salsa and made a little bit of guacamole.  I probably had about 15 chips with salsa and/or guacamole.  It was too tempting.  


Jamie decided to stay for dinner so MJ and I took him to the grocery store.  I can't express how pleasant it is to have two gophers come along for a shopping trip.  I bought food for dinner and another 3 days of the meal plan.  One of the upcoming lunches calls for tofu, and I was having trouble locating the tofu in the store.  I asked an employee for assistance:
"Excuse me, do you know where the tofu is?"
"Toe Food?"
"Tofu."
"Toad Food?"
"No, tofu, like what vegetarians eat instead of meat."
"You mean tofi?"
"What? I mean tofu.  T-O-F-U"
"Oh. Let me go ask."
I found the tofu.  I'm really interested to know what toe food, toad food, and tofi are, and whether any of them are typically sold in a grocery store.


For dinner, I served honey glazed salmon and tuna with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cauliflower.  I probably got enough food to serve 6 people, which was fitting when I have two hungry  men eating with me.  I helped myself to a little bit of salmon and probably 4 ounces of tuna with a lot of cauliflower.  Jamie and MJ devoured everything else.  I guess it was good.  


I didn't eat anything for dessert, even though I really wanted to.  I gave Jamie some Reese's Peanut butter cups and sent him home.  Jamie doesn't know that I'm doing this crazy meal plan and even after grocery shopping with us I don't think he picked up on it.  It's nice to know that I can cook a healthy meal and it appear to be a normal and fulfilling dinner.  Although Jamie did question why I purchased tofu.  I question that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts