Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 2, Tuesday (Day 16)

Wow.  I have over 500 hits on this blog.  Thank you for reading!  It has definitely encouraged me to continue on this eating adventure.


I did something that you probably thought I wasn't smart enough to do.  Monday night, I cut up all my veggies for the upcoming three days of meal plans.  Everything.  Every pepper and onion was cut up, measured, and placed in a labeled baggie.  I find that when I'm spending time in the morning chopping up stuff for breakfast, I don't get a chance to fully prepare my snacks and lunches, and I feel rushed.  I don't like feel rushed.  I liked preparing.


Breakfast: 4 egg whites scrambled with 1 slice diced canadian bacon, 1 slice diced tomato, 1/4 cup diced onion, 1/4 cup diced green pepper; 1/2 cup low fat milk
I open the bag labeled "Terrific Tuesday" (thanks, MJ) and pour my pre-cut veggies into the pan.  Easy as pie.  Mmmm pie.  That sounds good.  I replace the bacon with cheese because and egg without cheese is like a burger without ketchup.  Mmm burger.  That sounds good.  I am THRILLED that I get to drink milk today.  That is, until I pour out my 1/2 cup and see how much I really get to drink.   Go ahead and try this at home.  Pour a half cup of milk and tell me how many gulps it takes you to finish.  The answer is 2.  


Snack 1: 2 tablespoons hummus, 10 sugar snap peas; 1/2 avocado
When I ate this snack, I was talking with a co-worker who is trying out her own calorie counting to lose weight for her pending nuptials.  She is allowed to eat 1034 calories a day.  How frickin' unrealistic is that?!  That's definitely not a lifestyle change that could last for any long duration of time.  I'll have to keep tabs on her to see how she's doing.  I take out my sugar snap peas with pride and explain to her that I have 1500 - 1800 calories a day and I'm losing weight. I save my avocado for later because I feel obnoxious enough knowing that my co-working is starving.


Lunch: Sautéed Sole Sandwich with Citrus Slaw
How dare you, editors?!  You say I need to eat a warm fish sandwich on a toasted bun?  Seriously?  While at work?  You suck.  You advertise this as a meal plan for busy cooks, but you are seriously mistaken if you think a busy cook can make a fish sandwich at work.  
I'm mad.  I'm actually furious.  But I'm dedicated to the ski pants cause and I go home for lunch.  I replaced the sole with tilapia and it was SO good.  Almost worth leaving work for lunch.  But the Citrus Slaw (cabbage, carrots, orange, and some weird dressing made from lemon juice, greek yogurt and mustard) was horrible.  Absolutely horrible.  I threw it out and ate the other half of my whole wheat bun with almond butter.  Much better.  Back to work!


Snack 2: 1 pear; 1 oz stilton cheese, 4 whole wheat crackers
For whatever reason unknown to me, I can't bring myself to eat this pear.  I like pears, but I haven't wanted to eat this.  
What is stilton cheese?  I looked around the grocery store for 15 minutes and found no stilton cheese.  I replace it with a 100 calorie pack of cheese, which happens to also weigh 1 ounce.  Win.  


Dinner: 1/2 cup basmati brown rice, 1 cup assorted stir fried vegetables, 3 oz shrimp; sauce: 1 tbls balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp whole-grain mustard
I ignored the sauce and used my own spices to make this meal - which actually turned out tasty and very filling.  MJ and I vote this dinner most filling of all dinner's we've made.  I messed up on the shrimp though:  I weighed out 3 ounces before I cooked them, and they cooked down to two ounces.  It's okay though because it was very, very good.  





Dessert: Celebratory Almond Butter Cookie
MJ and I had some more good news to celebrate, so we each had one almond butter cookie.  I froze them last week and we just warmed them up in the microwave.  Mmmm.  Can I eat a second one MJ?  No?  Alright fine.  Jerk.

1 comment:

My Most Read Posts