Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 23

I was too tired to go to the grocery store last night, so it's another day of leftovers today!  I'm amazed at how much less money I've been spending on food since I'm just eating everything in the house.  


For breakfast I went with the traditional whole wheat English muffin with natural peanut butter and a sliced banana.  Because I get to make my own rules, I also had 3/4 cup of low fat milk.  Peanut butter is meant to go with milk.    Otherwise you end up like that old "Got Milk" Commercial.  


For my snacks today I packed an apple and a slice of whole wheat bread with almond butter.  I really like almond butter.  These two snacks held me over for a super late lunch - I didn't eat until 2:30pm and I wasn't even hungry yet!  I also had a meeting at Starbucks and got a Grande Skinny Caramel Macchiato, which claims to be 140 calories.  Not horrible for a grande drink.


I met up with Michael Vick's wife for lunch.  We went to Au Bon Pain, which is nice enough to list the calories on their menu, but not nice enough to have very healthy options.  I opt for a Thai Peanut Chicken Salad with the Thai Peanut Dressing on the side.  The menu tells me the meal was 360 calories, but looking it up online now, I see that the whole salad was 200 calories and the dressing was 160.  I barely used any dressing and didn't finish my salad, so I feel really great knowing I made the healthy choice today!  


My afternoon snack was 1 low-fat cheese stick.  Fun.


For dinner, MJ and I ate left over whole grain spaghetti with spinach and turkey meatballs.  It reheated very well and there's still some left over for a small lunch!  


We went to the store to get some more foods for the Week 3 meal plan.  There are some really really really strange meals coming up, so I hope you are excited to read about them!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should rename your blog Almond Butter and Avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely right! I love both almond butter and avocados. Perhaps I'll create a second blog after this with meals I actually like!

    ReplyDelete

My Most Read Posts