Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 3, Saturday (Day 29)

Wow!  My blog audience has spread to Australia, Russia and Singapore!  This is unbelievable.  I'm so curious how people outside of the United States happen across my blog.  Please feel free to share!


WEIGH IN
Today we did our Monday morning weigh in.  After 4 weeks, I'm happy to report that I'm down 5 pounds and only 8 pounds away from my ideal goal weight!  As for Michael Jordan?  He's exactly where he started.  It's unreal.  He must have an amazing metabolism because he's eating so much more than me and not gaining a thing.  Sigh.  At least I'm on my way down, and not up!


Breakfast: 1.25 cups post shredded wheat spoon size original cereal with 3/4 cup low-fat milk; 1 orange
My grocery store didn't have the specific type of Post cereal that I was supposed to buy, and while MJ and I debated between the remaining options, we decided the best choice was really for me to eat the cereal they made me eat a half a cup of on Week 3 Wednesday so we didn't waste any food.  So I ended up eating Nature's Path Optimum Blueberry and Cinnamon Cereal.  It was really good.  I threw in fresh blueberries for good measure.  When I finished my bowl, the milk was a purple/blue color from the blueberries.  I remember seeing bowls full of chocolate milk or cinnamon when I was little.  Blue is a much healthy color.  


Snack 1: 2.5 Tbsp Spicy Black Bean Hummus; 5 Whole wheat crackers
The editors give you a recipe for an easy black bean dip to make.  I didn't want to waste time pureeing it, so I just smashed up the beans with a fork and called it a day.  The dip was okay.  I would consider making it again, but some avocado would surely make it taste better.


Lunch: Thai Ground Turkey Burgers (served with lettuce wraps, 1/4 cup chopped mango, lime juice, 2 tsp chopped almonds and cilantro); 1 apple
This was a pretty fun lunch - the mango was a nice touch to the ground turkey.  I probably should have seasoned the meat more because I really didn't get an asian "thai" taste.  I'd eat these again though.


Snack 2: 10 grapes, 1 handful unsalted almonds
I ate my cocoa almonds when I got home from work and then started baking for MJ for Valentine's day.  I was so distracted making healthy cookies that I forgot to eat my grapes!  Oh well.


Dinner: OUT TO EAT FOR VALENTINES DAY!
Dinner was supposed to be some boring, plain meal.  That's why I picked today to coincide with Valentine's Day!  MJ did some research and found a healthy restaurant that doesn't use extra salt, sugar or butter.  The menu has a lot of fat free items, items under 100, 200 and 500 calories and low fat items.  We decided to try everything that sounded interesting (after all, this is a Valentine's Day celebration, not a day to starve).  
First we ordered healthy drinks:
I ordered the green one.  I thought it would taste like sprite but it tasted like cucumber.  MJ ordered the orange one, it tasted like oranges and carrots.  We switched immediately.  We also decided we hated them both.  At least they were all natural and under 140 calories!

For dinner we got an Asian pizza, a California wrap, an Apple Sweet Potato, and 3 sliders: bison, turkey, and chicken.  We liked the bison one and agreed that the turkey and chicken were nothing special.  They left out ingredients on both our pizza and wrap, so we were a little disappointed and didn't get the full effect of our meal.  I'm thinking about leaving a complaint online.  In the end, I'm glad we tried this place and I think we'd only go back for the sliders or a different kind of pizza.  MJ really liked the sweet potato though.  

When we got home we each had a Chewy Mocha Brownie Cookie and a big glass of milk!  Happy Valentine's Day!

FITBIT Totals for the Day: Today I burned 2148 calories, walked 10,135 steps (4.36 miles).  When I was walking to work my fitbit display wasn't working.  I had to reset it when I got home.  All the data was there, but I'm nervous that I'm already having problems with it.  The fitbit says I also had 91% sleep efficiency.  Apparently I woke up 23 times during the night.  Here's my sleep chart:
What do you think?  Is this totally bogus? I definitely woke up a lot in my sleep and it doesn't feel like I was 91% efficient.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts