Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 2, Thursday (Day 22)

I cannot believe I've been eating healthy (relatively) for three weeks now.  I eagerly jump on the scale and see no chance.  Darn.  I blame the Superbowl brownies.  I'm not sure if my lack of weight change is reflective of the whole week or just pigging out at the Superbowl.  At least the number didn't go up, right?


Breakfast: 1 whole wheat tortilla with 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter and 1 sliced banana
I thought this breakfast was going to be strange, but it was actually delicious and very filling.  I think I might even like it better than the English muffin version, but they are both pretty good.  Both would be better if I could have milk!


Snack 1: 1 low-fat string cheese, 1/2 grapefruit
I actually ate grapefruit!  And hated it!  It was so sour - why do people like that?  I ate my string cheese and replaced the grapefruit with an apple when I got home.  That sure was a lot of hype just to hate grapefruit.


Lunch: Turkey Salad (3 slices of deli turkey, salad greens, 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup white beans, balsamic vinegar, mustard, evoo)
Ugh.  We didn't have any tomatoes left and I ate the white beans over the weekend, so I replaced them with chickpeas.  Which essentially meant I had lettuce, turkey meat, and chickpeas.  Pathetic.  And not tasty.  


Snack 2: 1 cup low fat greek yogurt with 1 tsp pure maple syrup and 1/2 cup blueberries
Yay I finally get to eat blueberries!  For some unknown reason, blueberries have been missing from the meal plan, and I LOVE blueberries.  I didn't even add the maple syrup because the blueberries were sweet enough!  


Between snack 2 and dinner, I did an on demand work out video.  I chose "6 pack in 6 weeks" with Jillian Michaels.  She kicked my butt.  And my abs.  I am definitely going to be sore tomorrow.


Dinner: Turkey Meatballs with whole wheat spaghetti and spinach. 
What a great, filling meal.  The meatball recipe wasn't that different than my family's recipe, but I actually like my family's recipe more, so I would replace that part if I made this again.  I also made the meatballs twice as small as they say to so that each serving felt larger (10 meatballs instead of 5).  The recipe called for some ricotta sauce, but MJ and I decided to just use a little tomato sauce instead.  MJ really enjoyed it and we have plenty of leftovers to eat tomorrow!


Well now I have finally completed 2 weeks of meal plans, even though it took me 3 weeks to do it!  I will probably have another day of left overs tomorrow and then get started with Week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts