Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Can't Zip My Ski Pants, Round 2

The time has come the walrus said, to talk to many things.  Of shoes and ships and sealing wax of cabbages and kings, and why the sea is boiling hot and whether Julie will fit into her ski pants.




Julie v. Ski Pants
Round 2

It's been 31 days, 6 pounds (I weighed in this morning and I'm down another pound!), and a lot of missed chocolate chip cookies.  I put the pants on the bed and just stared at them.  You don't own me.  I've got you beat. I think. 

Today I am leaving for a ski trip with the Jordan family.  The last thing I need is for Michael Jordan's mom to see that my fly is down.  Constantly.  Prior to today, I made the executive decision to buy another pair of ski pants.  I couldn't stand the thought of failure of myself losing weight or the failure of my fly remaining in the upright and locked position.

I already knew I was going to take the new ski pants with me today.  Totally not worth the risk of bringing along the old pair with fake hope that they fit.  But it was still necessary to see if I could have gotten away with wearing my old pair.

So here I am.  Ready to test my fate/fat. I gather up the courage to put them on.  One leg.  Two legs.  I pull them up, adjust the waist, zip the fly and close the snaps at the top.  They are tight, but they are closed.


MJ gives me an approving nod of encouragement.  I hold my breath and squat down as far as I can go, waiting for the "popping" noise of my snaps coming open and my zipper flying down.  But no noise comes.  I look down and my zipper is totally secure.  I squat down again.  Nothing.  Then I smile and start twisting about, sitting all the way down on the ground and then back up again.  Eventually my zipper slid down a quarter of the way, but my snaps remained loyal to me and stayed put.  


I gave MJ a hug and kicked off the ski pants - probably never to wear again.  I did it!  I totally did it!  BUT, I'm not done.  I still have 7 more pounds to go to get to my goal weight and then why stop when I'm doing so well already!?  Rest assured, avid readers, the blog will go on.  The meal plans will keep coming.  


However, for the next 4 days, I'll be off on a ski trip with the Jordans.  I've already decided that because I will be burning so many calories when skiing, I will not be watching what I eat as much as I do on less active days.  I will actually need to eat more to have enough energy while I'm skiing.  When I get back I'll report all my fitbit stats and let you know how much I ate/gained/or loss.  And if my new ski pants turn out to be a flop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts