Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 46

Today was leftovers day because I was too tired to figure out which meal to start with on Week 4 and I had leftovers from dinner last night.  Sorry to be super boring.  I was also super healthy though, which is a major plus!


I am pleased to announce that the grocery store has our unsalted almond butter again!  This, of course, required an almond butter feast!  


For breakfast I replaced my usual whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and bananas with an upgraded whole wheat english muffin with almond butter! and bananas; 6 oz of low fat milk.  It was delicious.  Oh how I have missed almond butter!  We'll have to buy it in bulk so we are never out of it again!


When I got to work I had a huge coffee.  It was 100% necessary.  I don't regret this decision.


My morning snack was obviously a slice of whole wheat bread with almond butter.  If you are surprised by this, you should probably go back and read some more posts about how much I adore almond butter.
















Ok great, welcome back.  I love almond butter.


For lunch I had leftovers from dinner last night.  It was a little weird to eat shrimp at work, but I don't really care what my coworkers think anymore.  


For my afternoon snack, I had some cut up red pepper with 2 oz of hummus. I'm starting to think that buying the bulk "to go" packets of hummus from Costco was a bad idea because we have 9 left and they all must be eaten by March 8.  5 days to eat 9 hummus packages.  Sigh.  It was totally convenient though and made taking hummus to work so easy that even if I have to throw out some it was probably worth it in the long run.


MJ also made a smoothie, and I had about a 1/2 cup.


For dinner I searched through the cookbook until I could find a meal that could be made entirely from things we already had in the house.  I found a recipe for turkey and black bean soft tacos.  Bingo!  The recipe only calls for tortillas, ground turkey, salsa, romaine lettuce and low-sodium black beans.  I was thrilled that we had all 5 ingredients.  I was not thrilled, however, with the meal.  It was just plane jane boring and pretty tasteless.  We even used a fun southwestern salsa and the meal was still pretty bland.  We will not be making these again.  But at least we didn't make an extra efforts for the ingredients, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts