Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 3, Tuesday (Day 45)

I actually followed a meal plan today!  And boy did I cheat a lot.  Guess I'm not used to this minimalist "diet". 


Breakfast: 3 tbls hummus on 2 slices of toasted whole-wheat bread; 1/2 grapefruit
I was really hesitant to try this meal.  I mean it's essentially a hummus sandwich with nothing else on it.  And no way am I eating grapefruit.  Disgusting.  I replace the grapefruit with a banana and ate that as I contemplated the awkwardness of a hummus sandwich with nothing else on it.  I ended up eating this nothing sandwich, and it was actually pretty good.  I'd probably like it better with some tomatoes or lettuce on it, but it wasn't as weird as I thought it would be.


Snack 1: 2 clementines, 6 oz low-fat greek yogurt
Both of the clementines I brought to work were bad.  What are the odds that happens?  Good thing I have my trusty friend Chobani to keep me company.  Today I tried the blueberry fat free Chobani and it was delicious.  I don't think i'll ever eat the plain kind again.  


Lunch: salmon salad (salmon, red pepper, red onion, romaine, with a dressing made from evoo, balsamic vinegar, and dijon mustard); 1 apple
This meal was originally supposed to be made using the leftovers from the Week 3 Monday dinner.  Well shockingly, I have let 14 days pass between Week 3 Monday and Week 3 Tuesday.  Whoops!  Needless to say, I didn't have any leftover salmon to put in this salad and I definitely wasn't going to make salmon before work started.  So I used smoked salmon - a much easier substitute for a last minute salad.  My salad was just okay.  I'm sure it would have been great with cooked salmon instead of lox.  My bad - can't blame the editors for this one.  


The apple was red and delicious.


Snack 2: 1 cup chopped broccoli with 2 tbls low sodium salsa; 1/2 cup low far milk
Well.  I didn't exactly eat this snack.  Instead I ate some broccoli and meatballs during a meeting.  And a twix bar.  Actually, 4 twix bars.  What can I say, sometimes a girl needs her chocolate and today that girl was me.  And they vending machine only had the king sized twix bar so I had absolutely no choice but to eat all 400 calories worth of chocolately goodness.  While we're on the subject of twix, the kind I got today had a chocolate flavored cookie.  What's that all about?  Bring me back my original cookie, Twix manufacturers!  


Then my friend Aimee came over for dinner.  I insisted that she try a Chewy Mocha Brownie Cookie, Kefir, and an Almond Butter Cookie.  She liked the almond butter cookie the most.  I, of course, had to eat a Chewy Mocha Brownie cookie, too.  But wait, that's not the worst of what I ate today.


Dinner: 12 large broiled shrimp; 1 cup cauliflower sauteed; 1 cup wild rice mixed with 1/2 cup steamed yellow corn
Aimee really wanted to order thai food for dinner, but I insisted we stick to our respective healthy meal plans (clean eating for me, weight watchers for her).  Making this dinner was super easy.  And it yielded a TON of food!  Enjoy that both Aimee and I had leftovers that we plan on eating for lunch tomorrow.  



And then we ate a lot of slow churned half-fat cookie dough ice cream. I totally gained 10 pounds today.  Ugh I must not be this bad tomorrow.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.  Chooo Chooo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts