Sunday, March 6, 2011

Days 47, 48, and 49

I now have over 1,600 views of my blog.  That is a huge number.  I encourage all my readers to become followers on my blog or make comments.  Apparently my blog is being read in countries like Vietnam, United Arab Emirates, and Taiwan.  All I can say is wow.  And I hope you've all tried almond butter.




DAY 47

Today was a really busy day for me.  And not a great day.  For breakfast I had an egg and cheese with mushrooms on a whole wheat roll from PotBellys.  I don't think this is healthy.  In fact, the PotBellys website tells me it was 587 calories.  Shoot. 

For snack 1 I had a slice of whole wheat bread with almond butter.  For lunch I also had a slice of whole wheat bread with almond butter.  For snack 2 I had an apple.


When I got home I was not in a good mood, so I decided to order sushi.  I had edamame, some pieces of a spicy tuna roll, some pieces of a crunchy salmon roll, and some pieces of a shrimp tempura roll.  It was good.  I also had some low-fat cookie dough ice cream.  I felt better after that.  And fat.  But better.








DAY 48

Today for breakfast I made a sandwich with two slices of whole wheat  bread, almond butter, and bananas.  Just like my English muffin sandwich, except I ran out of English muffins.

I forgot to pack snacks.  

For lunch, a friend bought me two slices of Domino's Pizza.  It was free, which makes me feel less bad that I ate some crap.

Then I spent the rest of the day out with friends.  I had some beer.  I also had some nachos and some bites of a quesadilla.  For dinner I had a spinach empanada.  They were all delicious.  

The best part about spending the day out and about with friends is that I got a TON of steps in on my fitbit.  15,513 steps to be exact.  This is my new record number of steps in one day.  I can't wait till the weather is nice again and I can start running.  I bet I'll get some great stats on my fitbit then!




DAY 49

Today for breakfast I had another two slices of whole wheat  bread, almond butter, and bananas.

For my morning snack, I had some slices of a red bell pepper with 2 oz hummus.

For lunch, I had a few leftover bites of sushi and edamame, and then I had a veggie burger with a little bit of cheddar cheese served on 2 slices of whole wheat bread.


Then MJ and I went to the grocery store.  I hate going on Sundays but sometimes it's unavoidable.  The store was actually much less crowded than a typical Sunday, and we didn't have any problems finding the food items we needed - which is unusual because on Sundays most of the shelves are empty.  However, they only had salted almond butter.  The next few days of meal plans call for almond butter, so we decided to go ahead and try the salted kind.  


When we got home, I had 2 whole wheat crackers with a little salted almond butter.  I can taste the difference between the salted and unsalted version, but I still like it.  MJ and I both prefer the unsalted kind though.  


For dinner I used what we already had in the house to make dinner.  I made hummus chicken with broccoli and corn.  



YUM!!  Baked hummus tastes great and this meal was really simple.  I've also made this chicken before with crushed terra chips, but I decided not to make it this time because:
1) I didn't have terra chips
2) Adding chips would not be healthy


Overall I'm really pleased with dinner.  Tomorrow I'm back to the meal plans!  Week 4, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts