Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week 4, Monday (Day 52)

I'm not feeling well again.  I can't believe it.  I was just sick 2 weeks ago.  What gives?  Also my muscles are SO SORE from yesterday's gym class.  I wanted to go to zumba tonight but couldn't bring myself to get past the soreness to workout again.  Sigh.  


Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 apple chopped, 1/2 banana, 1/2 tsp cinnamon; 1 cup low fat milk


My oatmeal overflowed in the microwave.  No better way to start your day than cleaning up a sticky microwave.  Awesome. I didn't bother chopping the apple, but just ate it straight up.  I packed my banana as a morning snack and replaced the milk with a cup of hot coffee to soothe my sore throat.  Yea, I know tea is better.  But coffee TASTES better.  


Snack 1: 1 cup chopped pineapple, 1 handful unsalted almonds
I was not in the mood for pineapple today, so I ate a full banana and 1 handful of Cocoa Almonds!  I bet you forgot about them because it's been so long since I mentioned them.  They are still delicious. I had 9.  


Lunch: Veggie burger (1 veggie patty with 1 oz goat cheese, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice red onion, 1 boston lettuce leaf on a whole wheat roll); 2 plums


I ate 1 plum and decided it wasn't ripe enough or good enough to eat the second.  Fast forward 8 hours, and I give the second plum to my friend Aimee, who informs me that it's extremely sweet and juicy.  Guess I picked the wrong one.  


I was all set to eat my veggie burger, but my MJ's friend texted me to say he was near my office and wanted to meet for lunch.  I agreed, and we went to the best sandwich place ever, where I indulged in 6 inches of yummy grilled chicken with pesto, onions, roasted red peppers and tomatoes.  On a non-wheat roll.  It was just as delicious as I remembered it.  I'm sure the insides of the sandwich meet the "clean eating standards" but the bread certainly does not.  Just call me Cheater Pan, Tinkerbell.


Snack 2: 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese with 1/2 cup raspberries
I ACTUALLY ATE COTTAGE CHEESE TODAY.  Sound the alarm!  Alert the media! Cottage cheese was consumed today!  I decided to eat less than 3/4 cups of cottage cheese in exchange for a slightly less healthy 2% cottage cheese with strawberries.  I think it was a pretty fair exchange.  In case you're curious, Aimee says it's 3 points on weight watchers.  


Dinner: 1 cup whole wheat spaghetti with 1/2 cup low-sodium tomato sauce. 1/4 cup fresh torn basil leaves, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved), and 1 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella; 3 oz grilled chicken breasts cup into strips
Aimee came over for dinner and I prepared a delicious meal for us.  I changed a lot about the meal plan - for starters, I did not use low sodium tomato sauce or cherry tomatoes, but instead made my own "tomato sauce" using chopped up whole tomatoes, red onion, and spices.  I broiled the chicken, because as I mentioned earlier this week, MJ and I think that broiled chicken is extremely tasty.


I also eliminated the cheese and used 2 different kinds of pasta because I will not conform to pasta norms.  Variety is key!  And so fun!



Mmmmmmmmm! 

Aimee says our dinner was only 7 points - which allowed her to have 5 extra points for dessert, so we went out and got 90 calorie no-fat chocolate frozen yogurt.  This was 19038209 times better than my frozen smoothie dessert.  Apparently every 1/2 cup is 2 WW points.  Good thing I'm not following WW!


I also had 3 cups of tea and complained a lot about my sore throat.  I'm so over being sick.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts