Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week 4, Tuesday (Day 50)

Monday Morning Weigh-In:
I'm about 5.5 pounds from my final goal weight.  Which means I've lost 8.5 pounds in 7 weeks.  That's a little more than pound a week.  Not too shabby.


As for MJ?  I think he's given up gaining weight.  What a lucky SOB.  


Today I took more pictures.  Hope this makes the experience of reading my blog better!


Breakfast: Peanut Butter Breakfast Wrap (2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 sliced banana on a whole wheat tortilla); 1 cup low fat milk

This breakfast was a nice change of pace from the usual peanut butter/banana/carb combo.  I'm not sure if the honey and cinnamon were really necessary, but they added some extra pizzaz and that's probably worth it.  I guess.




My friend Aimee is doing weight watchers and we figured out that my breakfast is 9 points.  I'm not following weight watchers, but it's interesting to see how this meal plan correlates with weight watchers points.  I do think the peanut butter I'm using is probably not the best and might consider switching.  Also, 1 tablespoon of almond butter is 3 points in case you were wondering.  Aimee says I get 29 points a day and 49 bonus points on weight watchers.  If I remember, I'll put my WW points in per day/week and we can compare.




Snack 1:  1 cup pineapple with 1/4 cup low far feta cheese


Is this not the weirdest snack you have ever heard of?  Do people really eat pineapple with feta cheese?  I measured out the two items and ate them at the same time and just thought it was ridiculously strange and not very tasty.  I will not be trying that again.




Lunch: Asian Tofu Stir Fry (3/4 cup sliced carrots, 1.5 cups shredded cabbage, 4 oz light tofu, 2 tablespoon light green onion, 1/2 tsp each chopped garlic and ginger in 1 tsp sesame seed oil; toss with 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce, 5 shredded thai basil leaves and 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes; serve over 1.5 cups of cooked soba noodles)


Does anyone know what soba noodles are?   This required me to stop in the grocery store and google "soba noodles" on my phone.  I learned that they are buckwheat noodles, so I searched the asian section of my grocery store for he closest thing, and came across wheat noodles that were called soben or something similar.  I decided those were close enough.  


The noodles only took 3 minutes to make!  I wish all pasta was that easy!  








The rest of the meal was a really simple stirfry that was really easy to make and very colorful.  




I thought the meal was pretty bland until I realized I forgot the seasame seed oil.  I added it immediately and the meal instantly tasted better - and actually like a meal you would order from an asian restaurant.  I think I would like this much better with chicken and yellow onion instead of green (for more flavor).


I also didn't even come close to finishing it.  Which leads me to wonder - how does someone organize their leftovers in the fridge?  I'll have to write a separate blog about this.




Snack 2: 1 apple, 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter, 4 multigrain flaxseed crackers


Okay, this must be the 9th different type of cracker I've tried since I started following the meal plan.  I still like my whole wheat crackers that taste like shortbread the best.  I also obviously replaced the peanut butter with almond butter since I had peanut butter for breakfast.  




Awkward Gym Experience: Before dinner, I decided to try out this new bhangra dance class at the gym.  Turns out, the instructor was sick so my regular zumba class was taking it place.  This was fine with me, since I love zumba already, but I guess for bhangra it's standard to wear no shoes, so the girl next to me was barefoot.  And she was definitely more a free spirit moving all over the gym floor instead of staying in her set spot.  I was so nervous I was going to step on her feet and definitely came close a few times!


More importantly, I got to compare how much of a workout zumba is with the African dance class I went to a few weeks ago.  According to my fitbit, I had 44 minutes of being very active.  When I went to my African dance class, I had a full hour of very active minutes.  And I definitely got more steps in during the African dance class.  Good to know!  I'll keep analyzing the different gym classes as I go to them.


Dinner: 4 oz diced broiled chicken mixed with 1 cup wild rice blend, 1/2 cup sliced red or green grapes and 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts; 5 steamed asparagus spears (make 10 and freeze 5 for later in the week); 1/2 cup mango


This dinner called for the most random assortment of items ever, but I decided to give it a shot.  By the time we started dinner, it was too late to wait for some fancy shmancy rice to cook, and instead we used our frozen brown rice that is ready after 3.5 minutes in the microwave.  




Kind of crazy looking, right?   But it was actually really good.  I couldn't take a picture of MJ's plate because he had about 3 times as much chicken as I did and double everything else!  He was actually full before he could finish!  That's the key to fattening him up!  We both agreed the broiled chicken is really good, and will probably use broiling as our "go to" method of cooking instead of baking chicken.  Okay who am I kidding???? I will probably use broiling as our go to method of cooking, while MJ will continue his role of dishwasher after the meals.


Overall, a pretty great day in the eating world.


If you are interested in planning out your meals, visit orgjunkie.com to see meal plan options and links to other meal planning blogs!



Within the past 24 hours I've had over 100 more hits on my blog, and I'm sure orgjunkie.com is to thank for that!  Please take the time to fill out my poll while you are here so I can make my blog even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts