Before starting, buy:
- 1 eggplant or two, depending on the size of the eggplant and the size of the people you are feeding
- whole wheat pasta of choice (2 oz uncooked per person)
- 1 package feta cheese
- 1 jar natural tomato sauce (optional)
- pine nuts
- 1 bag kale. This is what we get:
So here's how you make it:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Make pasta.
- Preheat oven to 400. Chop 1 large eggplant into 1-inch cubes. Yes, some of them will be triangles. That's okay. Lighten up a bit, you're just going to eat it. Line a tray with foil and spread cubes evenly over the tray, adding a little bit of oil and some salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the little eggplant cubes half way through.
- In a large wok/frying pan, add kale. If you have a small wok, cook the Kale in shifts. Keep the heat on medium and stir frequently. Season to taste. We use garlic salt. The entire bag should cut up in less than 5 minutes.
- Plate the pasta, add eggplant and kale, sprinkle with pine nuts and feta cheese. Then, if you're MJ, add tomato sauce.
Something that hasn't changed this past year? MJ is still pretty much Slowpoke Rodriguez.