Monday, June 18, 2012

Unreal

Good afternoon readers.  MJ and I were traveling this weekend, which means we cooked 0 meals and I have no new recipes to report.  Don't cry.  Please? Okay go get a tissue, I'll wait.




Okay great.  Feeling better? Don't worry, I still have stuff to talk to you about.  Remember, this blog isn't just about recipes, but about all kinds of ways to eat clean.  As we all know, I love chocolate. And candy.  And it's a regular occurrence for me to eat a twix bar or a reese's peanut butter cup because they are just great.  And easy.  In the past, I viewed these digressions as just a natural, unavoidable part of clean eating.  But the world is about to change.

MJ showed me a Wall Street Journal article about a 15 year old boy that is changing candy.  And it's awesome.  Nicky Bronner loves chocolate too.  And when his parents made him throw out most of his Halloween candy because it was unnatural and bad for him, he decided to change candy.  He created a line of candy called "Unreal" that is supposed to taste just like the candy we all know and love, but using only all natural ingredients.  AKA he is "unjunking" junk food.  Let me tell you, I really hope this kid delivers on his promise.  And that our future Chickpea-Jordan babies are just as ambitious in their futures. 

Here's one example of the Unreal candy.  They made a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup that's supposed to be way better than a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  Looks like there are also "cleaner" versions of M&Ms, Peanut M&Ms, Snickers and Milky Ways coming out.  All I can say is that I cannot wait till the Unreal products come out.  I will definitely try them and report back to you.  I think they are coming to CVS in July.

Have you heard of Unreal?  What do you think of Nicky's new candy line?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts