Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Orange Glazed Salmon

Tonight's meal is another standing-at-the-front-of-the-grocery-store-with-my-cookbook selection!  This meal sounded delicious and easy - glazed salmon?  Very few ingredients?  I'm in.

Unfortunately, it wasn't till I was home, making this salmon, that I realized the recipe called it "GRILLED glazed salmon."
Womp womp, we don't have a grill.

Can Julie Chickpea save the day?
Stay tuned:

Here's how to make it:
  1. Select a veggie of choice, that you will grill/saute/bake to your liking.  The recipe suggested asparagus spears, so we selected a pre-cut medley of asparagus, mushrooms and onions, that we then sauteed on the stove and seasoned with some garlic salt.
  2. Salmon.  Or whatever fish your heart desires.  The recipe has you top the salmon with some brown sugar and orange rind and let it marinate for 2 - 8 hours.  Well, not only do we not have a grill, but we definitely don't have an "orange zester" or whatever it is you used to get the outside of the orange into an edible form.  Do people really have those?  And if you do, have you actually used it?  Instead I just squeezed some fresh orange juice on the fish and called it a day. I let the fish marinate for ALMOST 2 hours (i mean, it was getting late, and we were hungry) before I popped the fish in the oven and cooked it for about 15 minutes.
  3. Chop up a fresh pineapple.  We actually did this.  Yes, I know it's shocking but I followed instructions!

Colorful, no?
But, this actually turned out pretty bad.  I mean, it was completely edible but the flavor was lacking and the pineapple totally didn't go with the asparagus/orange flavors.  Now, I know what you're thinking.  Obviously my error was in the incorrect use of the orange.  I'd totally be willing to try this meal again once I get my hands on one of those zester thingies.  Until then, I volunteer you, faithful reader, to try it out and tell me about it!  Send me a message and I'll send you the exact recipe so we can make sure the fish you make is delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Read Posts